Have you started snoring because of a cold? Don’t worry – there are plenty of solutions to help you breathe easily again.
Many people don’t realize that colds and flu can cause snoring, or make snoring even worse. When your nasal tissue swells during a cold, the airflow through your nose becomes blocked or restricted. This congestion may force you to breathe through your mouth, which can lead to snoring.
How do I get a good night’s sleep?
1) Elevate your head. Sleeping flat on your back is not a good idea. Use an extra pillow to help drain your sinuses, and reduce congestion.
2) Steer clear of antihistamines that contain sedatives. These relax your upper airways, causing more air resistance in your nose and throat which can lead to snoring. The same applies to alcohol and sleeping pills.
3) Use a humidifier if you can. If you have a humidifier, try and use it while you have a cold. This will help keep the air in your bedroom moist.
4) Have a hot shower before bed. The warm water can help open your nasal pages.
5) Try using Snoreeze Nasal Strips or Snoreeze Nasal Spray, available online and in-store at Boots. Both products work by opening the airways in your nose to provide snoring relief. The nasal spray contains a unique blend of natural active ingredients, while the nasal strips are both hypoallergenic and latex-free. You could experience up to 8 hours of peaceful, snore-free sleep. Click here to buy Snoreeze Nasal Spray – and click here to buy Snoreeze Nasal Strips.
Get healthy faster
Snoring stops you from getting a good night’s sleep. Achieving an uninterrupted 7-9 hours of sleep per night is very important for your health, especially when your immune system is fighting a cold. The act of snoring can also make a sore throat feel worse; the vibrations in the back of your throat can result in a dry, scratchy feeling.
Getting enough sleep means you can get healthy faster. Try to go to bed earlier than usual, and rest when you need to. By looking after yourself, and using a good snoring relief product, you’ll be over your cold in no time at all.